Dentist Fairfax, VA
Dr. Mary-Stuart Gallian and her team care about your safety and work hard to prevent the spread of infection!
First, we want to start out by thanking everyone for their understanding in these unusual times. Currently, we are planning on re-opening our office to a limited schedule on May 11th 2020. Certain procedures are being postponed until after June 8th or later, per recommendation of the CDC. If your appointment was cancelled due to our closure for Covid-19, we are trying to reach everyone to reschedule, but please contact us if we have not been able to reach you.
We have always followed the most stringent infection control and sanitization protocols set forth by OSHA and CDC. These guidelines were created to safeguard against the spread of severely contagious diseases such as tuberculosis or measles and are equally effective against influenza and coronavirus. We will continue to protect you and our team by monitoring and following new and updated procedures. Along these lines we have installed a powerful hospital grade 0.1 micron HEPA filter in the office, and each operatory has its own water based air purifier to reduce air contaminants.
Dr. Gallian and her team are now screened and monitored daily and our office has always had a strict health policy.
For your protection and ours, we are temporarily adjusting our office procedures to reduce the number of people in the building at one time and to allow more time between appointments to sterilize the environment per new OSHA and CDC guidelines.
PERTINENT INFORMATION FOR YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT:
(1) Only the patient appointed will be allowed in the office during the appointment time. Unless parental supervision is needed.
(2) We will be reaching out to all patients the day before their appointment for screening. The screening questions are as follows: Do you have a cough, fever, or difficulty breathing? Have you travelled recently (If yes, we will ask when, where, and mode of travel to determine risk level)? Have you been exposed to a Covid-19 positive person in the past two weeks? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, your appointment will be rescheduled to a later date.
(3) When you reach our office, your car is now considered our “waiting room”. We request that you arrive about 5 minutes early to assist us with the schedule changes. Call 703-273-4500 from your car when you arrive (if you do not have a cell phone, please knock on door #1) to let us know you are here.
(4)When your room is ready, we will call you or come out to get you. You will be instructed to approach door #1 or #2. Before entry, we will review the screening questions listed above and take your temperature. We will request you use hand sanitizer at that time. Then you are escorted to your room. There will no longer be check in on the computer, and all interaction with front desk personnel will be by phone, text, or email.
(5) We recommend that you wear a face mask to the office door and in all public areas of the building. The face mask that you would wear to protect yourself and others at the grocery store is what we are requesting. Also, due to the heavier personal protective equipment (PPE) that we are all wearing for your safety, the temperature in the of office will be kept quite low. Please bring a light jacket or blanket so we don’t freeze you out. Dr. Gallian and Her team would like to share their routine Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Sterilization procedures:
- Our office will be using N95 face masks, face shields or protective eyewear, gloves, protective gowns, hair covers. Each operatory will have protective plastic guards over equipment. Between each patient, disposable items are discarded, and reusable items are sanitized and disinfected to mitigate patient-to-patient transmission.
- As always, there will be frequent hand washing using soap and water. Strict surface cleaning and disinfecting is conducted in each operatory between patients. All dental instruments are thoroughly cleaned and packed in individual sterile pouches before being heat sterilized in steam autoclave machines.
- The autoclave is tested weekly with a spore test, to ensure perfect performance for each sterilization cycle. We use only distilled water in our patient chairs, and
each chair has its own straw water purification system.
- Common areas of the office are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding in these unusual times. We have been missing you and we are looking forward to the next time we get to see you!